- Skin Cancer & Skin Check Dr Tim Rutherford can assess and manage moles and skin spots and advise on prevention and management of skin cancer.
- Mohs Surgery The most advanced and effective cancer treatment available, Mohs has the highest cure rate for the most common skin cancers.
- Bcc Basal cell carcinoma is the commonest form of cancer that can be difficult for patients to self-detect.
- Scc Squamous cell carcinoma can develop rapidly and may spread to other parts of the body.
- Melanoma Melanoma typically presents as a new or changing mole. Whilst it can spread throughout the body it is curable if diagnosed and treated early.
- Solar Keratoses These small areas of scaly red skin should be treated early to prevent their progression into skin cancer.
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating) Hyperhidrosis can be managed with a tailored treatment that may include lotions, electrical devices, tablet therapy or injections.
- Psoriasis Psoriasis is a common skin condition and is can be improved significantly with appropriate, customised treatments.
- Acne Acne can be cleard in most people by addressing the underlying excessive oil production, increased inflammation and over population of bacteria.
- Eczema Eczema varies significantly in its presentation and cause. As such, multiple factors need to be addressed to successfully manage it.
- Hair Disorders There are many treatments that can address excessive hair loss and a customised treatment is required suit each individual.
- Rosacea & Flushing Once the underlying triggers are identified rosacea can generally be cleared. Management typically requires both lotion and tablet treatments.
- Rashes A “rash” describes a wide variety of skin conditions that can be itchy, painful and unsightly. Once diagnosed most can be treated effectively.
- Vitiligo There are several effective treatments available that are individualised depending on the type, extent and severity of vitiligo.
- Seborrheic Keratoses Seborrheic keratoses are normal and occur on nearly everyone. There are a number of treatments that can safely remove them to ensure minimal scarring.
- Pigmentation & Melasma Various forms of skin discolouration can be treated with cream medications, laser treatments and other medical grade products.
- Skin Infections Dr Tim Rutherford treats scabies, bed bugs, shingles, molluscum contagiosum, herpes simplex, fungal nail disease, warts and bacterial skin disease.
- Warts Warts are benign (non-cancerous) and can be treated with a number of therapies depending on the number and their location.
- Keloid Scars Keloids scars will not disappear without treatment. Dr Tim Rutherford can offer treatment to reduce the itchiness and make them less noticeable.
Book an appointment with Dr. Tim Rutherford
Reservoir Dermatology & Skin Cancer Centre
Reservoir Private Hospital, 73-75 Pine St, Reservoir
Ph: 03 9460 8855
Victorian Dermatology & Surgery
Level 1, 253 Wattletree Rd, Malvern
Ph: 03 9509 1417
Preston Dermatology & Specialist Centre
353 Plenty Rd, Preston
Please note you will require a referral from your General Practitioner before you book an appointment to see Dr Tim Rutherford.